The RIB bears the famous white and red colours that were synonymous with the manufacturer throughout much of its illustrious racing history and which form the basis of the 60th Anniversary commemorative livery that adorned Yamaha's WorldSBK and EWC bikes last weekend.
No stranger to high performance engines, Yamalube YART Yamaha EWC rider Niccolò Canepa was impressed with the Capelli designed and built Tempest 750 Sport RIB and its 250hp V6 Yamaha Marine engine when he put the boat through its paces in Varazze, Italy. Immediately after the event Canepa headed directly to Circuit Paul Ricard in the South of France for the Bol d'Or 24 hours EWC race.
Between 1963 and 2020, Yamaha took 511 wins and 82 riders’, constructors’ and teams’ titles combined, running many most successful riders like Giacomo Agostini, still the most successful Grand Prix racer in history, Kenny Roberts, Wayne Rainey and the living legend Valentino Rossi.
The Yamaha 60th Anniversary GP tribute RIB was unveiled to the public at the prestigious Genova Boat Show on 16th September, the same day that the Yamaha's R1 race bikes were presented in the same livery at Circuit Barcelona-Catalunya and Circuit Paul Ricard.
TEMPEST 750 GP Anniversary Edition
Designed and built by Cantieri Capelli in Italy, the TEMPEST 750 SPORT RIB is the perfect choice for users looking for a medium sized boat with optimised onboard space and a high level of equipment fitted as standard, including Seastar hydraulic steering. Fast paced, dynamic and fun, the TEMPEST 750 SPORT features a high-performance keel, designed to reach its highest speed while maintaining maximum comfort and stability.
The boat is powered by a single 250hp V6 engine especially personalized with the Anniversary colors.
The elegant, sleek, lightweight design of the new V6 engines is the most feature-rich Premium V6 range Yamaha has ever produced. For the 250hp V6 engine, features such as Digital Electric Steering (DES), Yamaha’s exclusive Total Tilt function and Thrust Enhancing Reverse Exhaust (TERE), are complimented by the stunning new looks inspired by the Yamaha’s flagship XTO.
Granting not only racing looks, thanks to the dedicated Anniversary colors, but the signature Yamaha exhilarating performance.
The TEMPEST 750 GP Anniversary Edition RIB features a number of enhancements designed to reflect the livery that adorned the Yamaha R1 race bikes contesting the Barcelona round of WorldSBK and the Bol d'Or EWC race.
The TEMPEST 750 GP Anniversary Edition features:
• Single Yamaha 250hp V6 outboard engine featuring the signature Yamaha racing heritage speed block design
• White gelcoat and tube
• Striped upholstery in white, red and black to match the livery of the fuel tank and tank shroud on the Yamaha R1 race bikes
• Yellow cushion on console featuring the 60th Anniversary logo
• Yamaha logo on the bow upholstery
• 60th Anniversary logos on T Top
• Black T Top structure with 60th Anniversary Logos
• Black wheel and handles with red stitching on driving bench
• Table with carbon insert to match the fender
• Fender with carbon insert
• Stern mooring cleats
• Radio system with four loudspeakers in black
• Yamaha speed block design on engine cowl and tube sides